Indulgent Weekends for Couples
For couples in search of a romantic break in the mountains, Truemanalp offers all the delights of holidaying in the French Alps, with stylish luxury touches and all the comforts of home.
The Gooseberry Suite – Just for Couples
Enjoy peace and tranquility for those precious moments away together. The brand new Gooseberry Suite is designed especially for couples in search of comfort and intimacy. With a private entrance, generous living and kitchen spaces, media suite, King size bed and a divine freestanding bath, the Gooseberry suite offers all the amenities you’ll need for a luxurious romantic escape.
The Gooseberry suite is freestanding and reserved uniquely for couples, so you’re unlikely to be at risk of being disturbed by rowdy neighbours. Simply perfect for a romantic getaway.
Ultimate Convenience & Rural Tranquility
Truemanalp is in a prime location in central Samoens, an easy 300m walk from the medieval village centre and just 100m to the foot of the Grand Massif Express cable car.
While boasting an enviably central location, Truemanalp also benefits from the privacy of being surrounded by fields, offering a genuine rural feeling right in the centre of town. If privacy and convenience both mean a lot to you, then Truemanalp certainly delivers!
Dining For Two
Couples can easily meander into the village to enjoy drinks and dinner at one of Samoens’ many restaurants, or rustle up a cosy meal for two in the Gooseberry suite’s fully equipped kitchen.
For ultimate convenience, delicious, freshly cooked meals can also be delivered to your suite, hot and ready to eat.
Honeymoons at Truemanalp
Truemanalp also makes for a wonderful alpine honeymoon destination. If you’ve dreamed of an active, outdoor honeymoon in the French Alps, the Gooseberry Suite might just fit the bill perfectly.
Those seeking a ski or snowboard honeymoon will adore the luxury of accessing the ski area on foot, and meandering through the medieval streets of Samoens for cosy après-ski drinks. Meanwhile, summertime honeymooners have a whole menu of outdoor adventure activities to choose from. Let us know you’re honeymooning and we’ll do our best to make your stay that extra bit special!
Design Your Own Romantic Weekend Away
A romantic weekend break in Samoens can take many forms, depending on the time of year and level of activity and adventure you have in mind. Here are a few of our favourite romantic break ideas:
Samoens for Food & Wine Lovers
- Explore Samoens’ famous Wednesday fresh produce market
- Treat yourselves to wine tastings at local caves Le Nez en l’Air and La Feuille de Vigne
- Indulge in a beer degustation at local Brasserie du Giffre or K&G Green Valley Micro-Brasserie
- Learn how cheeses are traditionally made at the Ferme des Gorges des Tines
- Enjoy gourmet dining at one of Samoens’ best restaurants
- Experience a traditional Savoyard meal in a barnyard restaurant (winter only)
- Enjoy a Savoyard lunch at one of the area’s scenic mountain refuges
Samoens for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Mountain biking and E-biking, guided or self-guided (secure on-site bike storage)
- Hiking for half or full days
- Visit the famous ‘Reine des Alpes’ waterfall, La Cascade de Rouget
- Sightseeing in the awe-inspiring Cirque du Fer-à-Cheval
- Visit one of the area’s many mountain refuges, for lunch or an overnight stay
- Horseback riding
- Shared use of swimming pool and hot tub
Romantic Ski Getaways in Samoens
- Winter sports including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ski touring, x-country skiing right from your doorstep
- Superb location just 100m from Samoens’ main cable car, the Grand Massif Express
- High end ski equipment delivery and fitting at the property in partnership with Ski Higher
- Top quality English speaking ski instructors and guides in partnership with ZigZag Ski School
- Ski passes organised and waiting for you upon arrival
- Secure ski boot and equipment storage room (shared)
- High quality massage and beauty treatments upon demand
- Private on-site parking
- Shared use of hot tub
- Dining options : village restaurants, high quality meal deliveries, self catering with fully equipped kitchen
Samoens for Keen Cyclists
- Cycle the Giffre Valley loop
- Conquer the infamous Col de Joux Plane
- Col de Ramaz circuit
- Vallée Verte circuit
- Col de la Colombière circuit
- Shared use of swimming pool and hot tub for end of day relaxation
- Sports massage therapy upon demand
- Be sure to chat to Truemanalps’ owner Tony, who is himself a keen and experienced cyclist!
Samoens for Adventure Lovers
- Tandem paragliding
- White water rafting or Tubing
- River kayaking
- Rock climbing
- Via Ferrata
- Mountain biking
Samoens for Relaxation
- Chill out by Truemanalps’ private pool (shared access)
- Enjoy high quality massage and beauty treatments on demand
- Private or group yoga and pilates classes
- Relax in Truemanalps’ hot tub and soak in the alpine views (shared access)
- Peaceful walks along the Giffre river
- Watch the world go by from one of the village’s café or bar terraces
- Live music every Thursday night in summer with the Festival Les Pépites
Day Tripping from Samoens
- Shopping in Annecy’s old town plus activities on the spectacular Lake Annecy (1hr drive)
- Explore Chamonix town and ride the Aiguille du Midi cable car up Mont Blanc (1hr drive)
- Cross the border into the Aoste Valley (2hrs drive)
- Delight in the medieval old town of Yvoire on the banks of Lac Leman (1.5hrs drive)
- Explore markets, brocantes and festivals of all kinds throughout the region during the summer months
Quality Time Together
At Truemanalp we know the value of unobstructed, one-on-one time. Our aim is to offer you privacy and freedom, while remaining discreetly on hand to offer advice on activities or outings, and to assist with restaurant bookings or anything else you might need. We’re here to ensure your romantic weekend escape is everything you’d hope for. We’ll help with the details, while you focus on spending quality time together.